For my usual Monday post, I’m going to address a blog award nomination I received! This also means you’ll learn more useless (useful?) facts about me. The always wonderful Crystal K.M. of PhoenixDown decided to nominate me for the One Lovely Blog Award which I wholeheartedly accept and thank her for.
There are some simple rules I need to follow to accept this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the “One Lovely Blog” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you
- Pass the award to 7 nominees
- Inform the nominees chosen by posting on their blog
I pretty much covered the first two. So without further ado, here are some random facts you may not know about me (which isn’t already covered in the past blog awards I have accepted):
1. I typically prefer to read classic literature as my genre book of choice. There’s something about period pieces and the way the characters are written in books like The Great Gatsby, A Room With a View, or Portrait of a Lady that triggers my analytical side and makes me ponder how and why they are the way they are. I tend to think these characters are more layered and complex than what you find in most modern fiction today.
2. I’m 5’0″ in height. I’m quite short, but an inch taller than my older sister. This amuses me greatly.
3. My first time traveling to France (and Europe in general) back when I was a high school kid, I had two Frenchmen photo bomb a picture my mom was trying to take of me. Because they were friendly, I took an official photo with them. It’s a photo I look back on fondly. Too bad they weren’t young, hot Frenchmen!
4. I don’t consider myself a thrill seeker, which means I highly doubt I’ll ever want to try skydiving at all.
5. I enjoy eating all kinds of ethnic foods and it’s one of the many perks of being born and raised in NYC. There’s a ton of good food to eat without even having to buy a plane ticket and flying to the country to try it out. Maybe too much because there are way too many restaurants I haven’t tried in this great city.
6. I’m very ticklish and my friends use this to my disadvantage. Damn me for being so sensitive!
7. I wear perfume every time I go out. I like smelling nice as I walk out the door and my favorite kind of scent is the floral kind. My friends affectionately say I smell like flowers, which is appropriate because I love them so much.
And now for the bloggers I wish to nominate. There are quite a few who have been nominated for this honor already and I’m going to try to give it to those who haven’t been nominated or don’t already have this award:
4. Anime B&B
7. Pixel Hearts
Please visit these blogs because they’re great. Until next time!